Monday, May 13, 2013

Phase I Complete

Success! I am now able to feed live sensor data from my ArduIMU into my java program. Once in the program I can convert the horizontal coordinates given by the Euler angles the ArduIMU calculates into equatorial coordinates that I can use with my telescope. There is only one problem. I have no idea whether or not the readings from my IMU are actually accurate. The only way to test that will be to mount it on my telescope and see if the coordinates match up or not by eyeballing it. To do that I still need to get my program and ArduIMU to work with my Raspberry pi and figure out a way to mount the ArduIMU/Raspberry pi on the telescope so that the ArduIMU is level with the telescope. I have posted all of the code that I have used to calculate the conversion on the code section. If you have any questions let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment